This is a simple curing mixture of finely blended salt and sodium nitrite to produce a delicate application for dry cured bacon.
Curing salt for producing wonderful dry cured Bacon Sufficient for curing 6.66Kg of Pork belly or Loin This is a fully Traceable Food Grade product securely packaged in a sealed tamper proof pouch. Ingredients: Salt Sodium Nitrite - Anti-caking agent. This is a cure that is used for bacon requiring cooking before consumption. Please note that Sodium Nitrite is a toxic chemical. Used correctly this cure is very safe but great care must be taken to measure accurately before use.
Make your own wonderful Dry Cured Bacon
- Bone and trim the loin and bellies of pork and remove the flare fat.
- Using the dry curing mix at 3% of the weight of the meat. (use 30g of cure per 1Kg of meat)
- Apply to both sides rubbing the mix in well particularly on the meat side. If the middles and belly are particularly thick - pierce the meat to aid penetration using a tenderising spikes or fork.
- Stack the rubbed meats skin side down on a suitable rack or tray in the refrigerator until cured. (allow one day per 0.5 an inch).
- At the end of the curing period. Rinse the bacon in cold water (do not soak) dry and mature under refrigeration for 1 - 2 days.
- The bacon is now ready for slicing.